What is MusclePharm®’s BCAA 3:1:2™?
- With MusclePharm®’s BCAA 3:1:2™ contains a patent-pending branched chain amino acid complex to support lean mass growth and reduce muscle breakdown.
What are Branched chain amino acids (BCAA)?
- Branched chain amino acids are a group of three amino acids. The 3 amino acids are Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine.
- They are named after their branched chemical structure.
- They are the three most important amino acids in the manufacture, maintenance and repair of muscle-tissue.
- Leucine alone is now known to be capable of protein synthesis.
- BCAA are utilized in the muscle, rather than in the liver.
- Help prevent muscle breakdown and fatigue, speed recovery, and promote anabolic production.
- Can either be used to build new proteins or be burned as fuel to produce energy.
How is MusclePharm®’s BCAA 3:1:2™ different from other BCAA products?
- MusclePharm®’s BCAA 3:1:2™ provides BCAA in 3:1:2 ratio which is unique for a BCAA product. The commonly found ratio of BCAA is 2:1:1
- The patent- pending BCAA formula in this product focuses on providing higher amounts of two BCAA viz. Leucine and Isoleucine due to their well- documented role in supporting enhanced muscle protein synthesis and preventing muscle breakdown.
What is the best time to consume MusclePharm®’s BCAA 3:1:2™?
- The ideal time to MusclePharm®’s BCAA 3:1:2™ would be pre-workout and post-workout.
- Another serving can be consumed first thing in the morning to kick-start anabolism.
Are there any side-effects of MusclePharm®’s BCAA 3:1:2™?
- It is a simple amino acid product
- However, do check other ingredients mentioned on the label to rule out any ingredient which you may be allergic to.
Can MusclePharm®’s BCAA 3:1:2™ be consumed by vegetarians?
- The product is in a capsule form which is made from gelatine (an animal source).
For muscle gain, is BCAA supplementation important or is Whey enough?
- Whey Protein is sufficient for muscle gain.
- However protein synthesis, which is the scientific term for muscle gain, is directly linked to BCAA.
- The amino acid Leucine is known to trigger the process of protein synthesis.
- Hence supplementing with BCAA can enhance muscle gain and also serve as a great source of energy.